Back to school supplies, cooler nights and empty movie theaters can only mean one thing… the end of summer is fast approaching. Before you’re back indoors tied down to your favorite Fall TV shows, get outdoors and try some of these Los Angeles must do things to do this summer. While most of these things to do this summer are free, all are worth trying. Quick! Grab your list of things to do this summer and add these 5 summer musts before it’s too late.
- Saturdays off the 405 – The Getty Center- Add a little culture to your things to do this summer, by visiting The Getty Center at sunset. You will enjoy outdoor music from up and coming bands, evening views of the city, and after dark tours of the galleries. Best part, it’s FREE! Free things to do this summer automatically jump to the top of the list!
- Picnic at The Hollywood Bowl– Most Los Angeles natives have the bowl at the top of the “things to do this summer “list. Classic summer shows like “Sound of Music Sing-a-long” or John Williams’ music in films night, are family traditions. Remember to pack your take out, wine and dessert. Great friends, food, music and fireworks, are all great things to do this summer.
- Outdoor Moving Screening- Now that summer blockbusters have come and gone and, enjoy a movie night a la fresco! Whether it’s renting a projector and inviting your friends to a backyard screening of a classic film or checking outdoor screenings all over LA, watching movies outdoors should be at the top of your things to do this summer list. For a more creative experience try the Hollywood Forever Cemetery Cinespia’s screenings or you can always watch Jaws in your pool!
- Visit Catalina Island- Didn’t have time for a vacation this summer? Then a weekend or day trip is a must for your things to do this summer. Take the Catalina Express and ride free on your birthday! Escape the city for a little island life and be a tourist for the day.
- Bonfire at the Beach- You can’t things to do this summer without thinking great waves and fresh salty air! Pack the cooler and get your friends and family to one of these bonfire approved beaches and stay past sunset to roast marsh mellow around the fire (Another freebie for things to do this summer)