Happy 18th birthday Claire!!!! Woohoo! In celebration of Claire, we’d like to share 18 things she’s accomplished. Claire Wineland is a spectacular 18-year-old living with Cystic Fibrosis. We first met Claire when we provided our moving muscles to the Make-A-Wish Foundation so they could grant her a wish for a room makeover. A few years ago she founded Claire’s Place Foundation, her own non-profit organization that helps children and families affected by Cystic Fibrosis. The rest, as they say, is history. Here are 18 Amazing things Claire Wineland has accomplished:
- She started the non-profit Claire’s Place Foundation to help children and families affected by cystic fibrosis.
- This year alone the foundation has been awarded three grants!
- She’s been featured on the Dr. Oz show.
- She’s been featured on CNN.
- She’s a published author!
- She’s been featured in Ladies’ Home Journal.
- She’s been featured in People.
- She made a guest appearance on the hit TV show Red Band Society.
- She organized a Glow Ride Fundraiser for her foundation.
- She organized a Flash Mob.
- She’s been a Make-a-Wish recipient.
- She’s given two TED Talks, It’s Just a Disease and Life of Impact.
- She organized a poker event to raise money for the foundation.
- Her foundation has made a difference to several families living with CF.
- She’s spoken at Pepperdine University about CF.
- She’s visited Stonehenge on the vernal equinox during an eclipse.
- She came out of a month long coma at age 13, and her experience helped actress, Patricia Hastie in her research for her role in the Academy Award winning movie, The Descendants.
- She makes countless videos encouraging all teens and families with CF!
We hope you have a great time celebrating Claire! Happy Birthday! You’re a true inspiration :) Help us wish Claire a happy birthday and share your favorite thing about Claire in the comments section below!