With most of your spring cleaning done, it’s time to bring in that spring sunshine and really make your home shine! The last part of my month long spring cleaning tips is to add the finishing touches to your spring cleaning. Welcome spring into your home with a few simple touches. Just a few simple touches can really make the difference in a spring cleaning well done and a bright clean home.
Let’s get started with those small details that make a huge difference in spring cleaning. Here’s some tips on how to make your home really shine.
Clean your curtains and wash your windows. You can’t let in that spring sunshine with dirty windows. If you have blinds, wash them as well.
- Remove light fixtures and dust light bulbs and fans.
- Wash your bedding, and switch out your heavy comforter for a lighter one, preferably in a bright color to match spring.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to bring in a nice pleasant spring breeze.
- Take spring cleaning as an opportunity to check the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Go through all your required safety checks while you’re at it.
Use bright colored bowls of fruit as centerpieces.
Make use of the warmer weather and grow your own organic vegetables for spring and summer!
- Bring in flowers everywhere you can. (Preferably in potted plants.) They add great color and truly bring in spring with their blooms.
- Make use of the spring cleaning weather, and set up an indoor or outdoor clothesline to cut down on costs.
- Add pops of color to match the changing of seasons. This can be as simple as swapping out art pieces and throw pillows for brighter, springy-er looks or using eco-friendly paint to spruce things up.
- Use scented candles around the house to add a nice spring scent.