Posted by Snap Greene | Posted in CALIFun | Posted on 27-01-2012
Grab your Raybans and sunscreen, time to get moving to Los Angeles! Most people are surprised to see how Los Angeles is once you’re moving to Los Angeles. People always talk about what happens if you’re living or moving to Los Angeles, but moving to Los Angeles is far from how the tv shows make it look. Before you get moving to Los Angeles, you should know what it’s like from someone who calls Los Angeles their home.
- Moving to Los Angeles doesn’t mean giving up seasons! We have fire season, flood season, and earthquake season. All jokes aside, it is generally sunny and warm all the time but it does get cold and hot during winter and summer.
- If you’re moving to Los Angeles, Surprise! there is snow. It’s just on the mountains just outside Los Angeles. While the mountains are close enough that many people enjoy snowboarding and skiing, you have a better chance of having a fire day than a snow day.
- Anything below 60 degrees is cold. Before moving to Los Angeles, temperatures reached below below freezing. Once you’re moving to Los Angeles, you freeze when it’s below 60.
- Once you’re moving to Los Angeles, you’ll need a car. The bus is a much greener option, but it won’t get you moving to Los Angeles or through it as fast!
- There is always traffic whether you’re moving to Los Angeles or not. During rush hour, you can hardly get anywhere. Before you get moving to Los Angeles, don’t expect to be going anywhere fast from 6 am to 10 am or from 3 pm to 7 pm. (Tip: don’t take the 405!)
- Moving to Los Angeles means amazing food and great shopping. Any type of food you want is never out of reach (not to mention In N’ Out!) One true myth about moving to Los Angeles is great shopping. ;)
- Earthquakes aren’t that common. Once in a while, things’ll get moving and shaking but more often than you won’t even feel it. Plus with earthquake tips, you’ll be ready once you’re moving to Los Angeles!
- Moving to Los Angeles means moving to the stars! Celebrity sightings do happen on rare occasions not all the time though. (If you want to be moving to Los Angeles like a star, check this out!)
- The beach is never far out of reach. Moving to Los Angeles means lots of sunshine! You’re always within an hour of the beach or a desert. Be sure to wear your sunblock!
- There is always something to do. Whether it’s going to Mountain High to snowboard, or heading to Malibu Beach, or taking the bus downtown to Downtown LA. Each city is its own community with different things to do.
Also here’s a tip for anyone moving to Los Angeles or just California, it’s ‘California’ not “Cali.” Fun fact, no matter how cold outside it is, it is always flip flop weather. Don’t be shocked once you’re moving to Los Angeles.
Tags: LA, Los Angeles, moving, moving to Los Angeles